DEPARTMENT: Fire Department
The Orange City Fire Department’s goal is to deliver the highest level of fire protection to the citizens and visitors of Orange City. Whether it is responding to a house fire, rescuing patients involved in a vehicle accident, or conducting fire prevention activities, we are committed to serving our community with dedication and pride. If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team, please submit your application to Human Resources today!
For this recruitment only candidates that currently hold a Florida State Paramedic Certification or are actively enrolled in Paramedic Certification training will be considered for employment.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Florida State certified Firefighter II
- Florida State certified Paramedic
- Pass background check, pre-employment drug screen, and pre-employment physical
- Possess a valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record
- $36,620 base annual salary
- $6,000 Paramedic Incentive pay
- Overtime opportunities available
- Regularly scheduled hours paid at overtime rate
- Hourly Incentive Pay available for obtaining Certifications
- Employer provided Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 4 weeks paid time off annually
- Membership in Florida Retirement System
- 12 paid holidays
- College tuition reimbursement
- Paramedic Incentive
- Union membership available
- Department sponsored training
Preference will be given to candidates holding paramedic certification during the hiring process.
Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or dropped to our Human Resources Office. Applications are available at www.orangecityfl.gov/employment/. Resumes may be attached to your application but will not be accepted in lieu of an application.