Being a professional firefighter requires dedication, attention to detail, and pride. Each member of the department is an integral part of the team that protects Orange City’s citizens. Firefighting isn’t just about riding around in a fire truck and saving the day. Education is a vital part of every day and Orange City firefighters spend several hours a month attending EMS and fire training as well as educating the general public.
Orange City has a volunteer firefighter program. Apply to be a volunteer here.
To be eligible to be an Orange City firefighter or volunteer firefighter, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Florida State certified Firefighter II
- Be a Florida State certified Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic
- Be able to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and pre-employment physical
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record
- Have not used any form of tobacco for at least a year prior to application
The City of Orange City offers a complete and comprehensive benefit package to all employees. Some of those benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Medical benefits
- Life insurance with no contribution or cost to the employee with the option of supplemental coverage
- 12 authorized holidays per year
- Members of the Florida Retirement System
- Educational assistance program
- Paramedic Incentive
To find an application or view open positions, click here.